Monday, November 19, 2012

Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Title: Losing It
Author: Cora Carmack
Pages: 204 pages
Published on: October 15th 2012
Source: Bought eBook from Amazon
Buy the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

(Summary from Goodreads)

Review:


Losing It is the perfect example of a feel good book. It's light, fun and extremely entertaining. When I wasn't laughing my head off, I was wringing my blanket to death. There were parts of the book that really got me frustrated with the characters that I just wanted to knock some sense into them. But I absolutely adored this book.

I honestly liked Bliss as a character, she wasn't the cliched witty type of protagonist nor was she whiny or annoying. She's the type of girl who's focused and has goals set for herself, she wasn't indecisive and knew exactly what she wanted. Though I did feel bad for her because she did feel like she was getting pressured to get her cherry popped. It must've been pretty frustrating to be a 22-year-old virgin. But honestly? I did find it pretty amusing.

And helloooo, sexy Professor Taylor, you can totally educate me anytime. *wink* Bliss and Garrick's "first night together" was definitely one of the funniest experiences I've ever read about. I swear, if I had been drinking something while I was reading that part, I would've spit it out laughing so hard. I don't know whether to feel sorry for Bliss or just hide my face, laughing. Poor, poor Garrick though.

I hardly ever read books that involve theater in them and I really enjoyed that aspect of this book. (Hint: That's how Garrick and Bliss met.) You really see the determination of each character to reach the top especially in such a competitive world. And oh my, Garrick acting is probably the sexiest thing I've ever read. I'm resisting the urge to fangirl right now.

It's not always you'll come across a book with a teacher/student relationship in it and honestly, I'm glad I was introduced to this one. Obviously when you have a book like this, you'd expect a lot of drama and angst and there were parts of the book that were moderately dramatic. I was relieved that their relationship wasn't blown out of proportion. I also really liked the fact that Bliss's friends were pretty supportive of her and Garrick's relationship even though there was a part of the book that will get you pretty worried. Not spoiling!

Losing It is probably one of the sweetest books I have ever read and if you ever feel like you need a break from a really depressing book or you need a book you'll be able to relate to, then Losing It is for you! You'll have a lot of fun times reading it and I guarantee that it'll make you smile. :) (And my mom totally approves of it! Haha!)

Rating:
.5

2 comments:

  1. I just added this book to my Goodreads to-read shelf a few days ago, but you made me want to read it now! I'm especially looking forward to their "first night together" :)) Great review, Louisse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your review, Louisse! :)
    A very feel-good book and Bliss' overthinking made it fun :D Can't stop laughing, remembering her referrals to some words :)
    "flabber has been thoroughly gasted." :))

    ReplyDelete