Monday, September 13, 2010

Review: Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Title: Deadly Little Secret (Touch #1)
Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Publisher: Hyperion
Publication date: November 9th 2009
Buy the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble


Last fall, sixteen-year-old Camelia fell for Ben, a new boy at school who had a very mysterious gift – psychometry, the ability to sense the future through touch. But just as Camelia and Ben's romance began to heat up, he abruptly left town. Brokenhearted, Camelia has spent the last few months studying everything she can about psychometry and experiencing strange brushes with premonition. Camelia wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow been transferred to her.

Ben returns to school, but he remains aloof, and Camelia can't get close enough to share her secret with him. Camelia makes the painful decision to let him go and move on. Adam, the hot new guy at Knead, seems good for her in ways Ben wasn't. But when Camelia and Adam start dating, a surprising love triangle results. A chilling sequence of events uncovers secrets from Ben’s past – and Adam's. Someone is lying, and it's up to Camelia to figure out who – before it's too late.
(Image and summary taken from Goodreads.)


Review:

I first saw my classmate, Lillian reading this book. It looked interesting so I asked her if I could read the back cover. I was literally rushing to buy the book. I bought the book a day after. When I started reading it, I couldn't stop! I went waaaaaay past 1 a.m. just to finish it. I'm a sucker for mystery-romance and most books don't fall under that category, so when I find one, I am very happy to read it. The book was fast-paced and exhilarating. There was this wonderful mix of action, mystery, drama and love. The one thing I loved about this book is that it's very realistic. It's not some kind of far-away fantasy in which you only get to read in books. (Although I am a HUGE fan of City of Bones trilogy) Camelia, the girl was very interesting. There were some parts of the book which in it was printed in a messy handwriting. At first, I really thought it was Ben but at the latter part, it started saying bad things about her, so I got really, really confused. But it turns out, there was this "other" guy who had a really big stalker-crush on Camelia who tried to kidnap her and well, yeah he kind of succeeded but was later on saved. This book was strong and full action and romance. I really liked Camelia for not letting the other people ruin her feelings for Ben just because there was a really bad rumor about him. Stolarz has this knack for writing mystical and magical and mysterious books and I love it!

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment